I graduated from the University of St Mark and St John in 2016 with a 1st Class Honours Degree in Sports Therapy, after which I worked for Exeter Chiefs for three years as a Sports Therapist and Rehabilitator. My expertise lies within the rehabilitation of sporting injuries and I have worked with a variety of International level athletes in rowing, rugby and bobsleigh. Alongside Sports Therapy and Rehabilitation, my expertise and passion lies within Olympic Weightlifting, within which I compete full time. I have coached many UK athletes to a national level and fundamentally believe that training for strength can enhance anyone’s lifestyle and health. I am passionate about developing confidence and competence within strength training and would be very happy to assist you with your strength goals. Please come and say hi and we can discuss how I might be able to help you.
- BSc Honours 1st Class Sports Therapy
- FdSc Distinction Sports Therapy
- British Weightlifting Level 2 Coach
- Amateur Swimming Association Level 1 Water Polo Coach
- RFU Immediate Care in Sport Level 2
- First Aid at Work Level 2
- Mental Health First Aid
- Member of the Sports Therapy Organisation
A graduate in Strength and Conditioning, I have experience training athletes from a wide variety of ages and athletic backgrounds including basketball, weight lifting and body building. As a competitive weightlifter and BWLA Level 1 coach, my speciality lies within coaching Olympic-style weightlifting to aspiring weightlifters, cross-fitters and athletes of all sports.
Don't hesitate to approach me if you see me around the gym, I would be more than happy to help you achieve your goals!
- BSc (Hons) Strength and Conditioning Coaching
- REPS Level 3 Personal Trainer
- British Weight Lifting Assistant Club Coach
- BTEC National Diploma in Sport Development and Coaching
I believe that exercise is good for everyone both physically and mental but more than anything it provides each of us an opportunity to get better every day. Being a Fitness Advisor and personal trainer has enabled me to work with lots of different people striving for vastly different things but who all share the common goal of getting a little better every day. It is a great environment to be in.
Level 3 Personal Training
After wrestling soft toys for a number of years my parents decided that Judo was the way forward. I won the Junior Nationals a few times, earned a GB flag and most importantly gained my Black Belt enabling me to train to be a coach. I coached Judo for over 20 years before I hung up my suit and moved to Devon.
It was here that I started to run making my way up from 5k to Half, Full and finally Ultra Marathons. This experience prompted me to want to help others improve their running so I began coaching. A mid-life career change enabled me to fully commit to working in the Fitness Industry, I spent a while teaching Personal Training in Adult Education whilst also instructing Indoor Cycling and Kettle Bells.
I bring a funcational and endurance based element to the team so, if you would like to add some new things to your workout please come and find me.
- Level 4 Physical Activity and Weight Mangement for Obese and Diabetic Clients
- Level 3 Diploma in Fitness Instructing and Physical Training
- Level 3 Award in Designing Pre and Post Natal Exercise Programmes
- Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral
- Level 2 Diploma in Fitness Instructing
- Level 2 Circuit Training Instructor
- Level 2 Indoor Cycling Instructor
- Level 2 Kettle Bell Instructor
- Level 2 Boxersize
- UK Athletics Coach in Running Fitness
- British Judo Association accredited Coach