University of Exeter Men's Rugby Union Club
The University of Exeter Men's Rugby Club (EURFC) is arguably the finest club in University rugby. Steeped in tradition, it’s consistently the biggest club in the Athletic Union, fielding 7 senior BUCS sides, a Saturday League side, three fresher’s sides and a BaBas side...there is plenty of rugby on offer! All of our teams are coached by Exeter Chiefs players, with whom we have close ties including pathways in place for a transition into the Chiefs academy. Our 1st team plays in the BUCS Premier South A division, which they won last year along with the BUCS Championship at Twickenham. The University of Exeter Rugby Union Club was ranked 1st in BUCS rankings 2015-2016. We also pride ourselves on our supporters club, filled with injured stars and social members they can always be found cheering on the sideline, epitomising what we are all about. EURFC caters for everyone: those looking for some serious competition or those looking for a bit of fun.
Club training times
|Monday||Rugby||Sports Park (Rubber crumb)||19:00-22:00|
|Tuesday||Rugby||Sports Park (Rubber crumb)||19:00-20:00|
|Thursday||Rugby||Sports Park (Rubber crumb)||19:00-22:00|
|Friday||Rugby||Sports Park (Rubber crumb)||07:30-09:00|
Notable club achievements
- 1st XV BUCS Champions 2015-16
- 1st XV won Premiership South A League 2015-2016
- 1st XV won Premiership South League 2014-2015 and reached the semi final stages of the Championship
- 3rd XV (Fresh 1’s) won their league and BUCS Trophy for the second year running
- South West Rugby 7s Champions 2015
- University of Exeter Rugby Union ranked 1st in BUCS rankings 2013-2014, 2014-2015
- Eight students represented England students in 2014-2015
- Two students gaining full international honours at U20 level in 2014-2015
- Reached the semi-final stages of the Championship 2013-2014
Hall of Fame
- Henry Slade-Exeter Chiefs and England
- Sam Blanchett- England 7s
- Luke Treherne- Wales 7s
- Sam Skinner- England U20s
- Jack Owlett-England U20s
- Regular representation at England Students level
The High Performance Programme (HPP) is available to a selected group of 30 top-end athletes, including scholars, playing at first team level. These athletes will be given access to the following programme and support :
- Three weights sessions a week with strength and conditioning coaches in our Performance Training Facility (PTF)
- Weekly team and individual video analysis
- Three rugby sessions per week
Access to a range of support services provided by the High Performance unit including:
- S&C-access to the Athlete Development Centre (ADC) for squad specific sessions and open session access, specific term time and holiday programmes, fitness testing and monitoring
- Sports Science support- nutrition, psychology, performance analysis, athlete lifestyle support and an annual fitness testing package
- Physiotherapy-subsidised physiotherapy and sports massage, access to weekly physiotherapy triage sessions both provided by Ocean Physio and rehab
- Workshops-including employability, nutrition, psychology, student athlete lifestyle management
Rugby Union scholarships are awarded at the end of our annual pre-season training and assessment camps.
Up to six scholarships will be awarded as part of the South West Communications University Rugby Academy scheme in conjunction with our Aviva Premiership partners Exeter Chiefs. In addition, individual high performance player bursaries will be available to those players who meet the required standard and show the necessary application during the playing season.
EURFC PRE-SEASON TRAINING 2016- please download the Rugby Pre-Season Leaflet
The University Of Exeter Rugby Football Union pre-season training will start on the 1st August 2016.
Every year 2nd, 3rd and 4th year students offer accommodation to Fresher’s until halls open in September, if you require accommodation, please contact one of the club committee members below.
James Falconer Club Captain
Mobile. 07884 308068
Simon Lindsell. Vice Club Captain
Mobile. 07807 713734
Josh Pieterse. Treasurer
Mobile. 07817 330361
Pre-season training will run Monday to Friday with Saturday and Sunday being training free days for the first four weeks.
Please bring enough kit to see you through the week and your own water bottle, wet weather kit boots and trainers and weight lifting shoes if you have them. You will need to bring enough food to see you through each day.
Some of you may not wish to attend pre-season until you have your results, this is perfectly fine, but please let me know, as it will help with planning.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me. I look forward to seeing you at pre-season training.
Director Of Rugby
University Of Exeter
UK EX4 4QN
T +44(0) 1392 726246
M +44(0) 07557 155729