University of Exeter Rifle Club
The Rifle Club welcomes everyone, from beginner to international level and with the equipment and access to coaching that makes us a competitive inter-university club.
We train three times a week at our indoor range, and also go on weekends away to the National Shooting Centre, Bisley, where we shoot at distances up to 1,000 yards. Last year, our small-bore teams saw great success in their respective BUCS leagues, placing first in each of their divisions. Regardless of experience or desire to compete, the Club offers all you need to have a good time shooting, be it socially or for competition!
Look for our freshers' taster sessions and we hope to see you there!
Club training times
|Thursday||Shooting||Clifton Hill Rifle Range||18:00-21:00|
|Friday||Shooting||Clifton Hill Rifle Range||18:00-21:00|
|Saturday||Shooting||Clifton Hill Rifle Range||18:00-21:00|
Notable club achievements
- Qualified for the BUCS smallbore championships and ranked in the top 8 contenders. (2012-13)
- Qualified for the BUCS smallbore championships. (2011-12)
- Placed 4th in the BUCS fullbore musketeers competition. (2013-14)
- Members who are representing both their countries and the university shooting for Ireland (U25s) or England (U21s), or in the past have competed in British Schools Competitions.
- The club has received a statement of excellence from police inspections over the last 2 years.