The facilities are reopening on a phased operational plan to ensure we are following covid-secure guidelines. The gym at the Sports Park is open for all members, with other sports facilities available for some student sports and activities. St Luke's Sports Centre will remain closed whilst we work to return the facilities ready for use.
Don't forget the Outdoor Pool is open!
We continue to thank you for your support - hopefully you've been part of our online community benefiting from classes and advice of our team and access to other great content.
Welcome back! We are following a phased plan across our sporting estate to ensure the safety of our customers and staff.
What wis open?
- The Outdoor Pool is now open. Follow this link to read more! Don't forget you need to book sessions in advance, all the information is on the swimming webpage.
- The gym at the Sports Park is now open, don't forget to book your sessions online.
- Some of our other facilities are open to specific Student Sports Clubs, please the Student Sport Team for more information.
- We will update you when we will be able to open St Luke's Sports Centre, restart the Swim School and allow casual bookings of the facilities.
The Outdoor Pool on the Streatham Campus opened on 3 April and we are planning to open until mid / end September. The openign is weather / demand dependant.
When can i use the gym?
The Sports Park gym is open 7 days a week. Please see our published opening times online and book your slots online.
Please go the relevant section and don’t forget to keep an eye on your emails.
What has happened to my swimming DD payment?
The Swim School will not be able to restart until we can open St Luke's Sports Centre, so your DD will remain frozen until further notice. As soon as we are able to we will be in touch and explain how we are planning to restart the Swim School.
How can I carry on with some home activity provided by you?
We have classes and WOD's daily online which can be found at https://fixr.co/organiser/241194645 (Use Google Chrome for a quicker checkout)
We will continue to share health and fitness content on our University of Exeter Sport facebook page and health and fitness group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/503479397209559 please follow this to keep in touch.
How can i contact you?
Please email us:
for membership and Swim School payment enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
for general enquiries: email@example.com
for Student Sport enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
What has happended to my DD membership payment?
Please see your member enewsletter and / or the Membership page for full information. DD payments have been frozen and will restart from 12 May onwards, your membership will remain as live on our system.
What has happended to my Payroll membership payment?
Please see your member enewsletter and / or the membership page for full information. Salary Payments will remain frozen until the end of May payroll, your membership will remain as live on our system.
My membership is Frozen, what will happen?
Please see your member enewsletter and / or the membership page for full information. We have extended the FREE FREEZE offer until 31/07/21, so if you are currently frozen you will remain so unless you ask us to restart your membership and payment.
How do i book a gym session?
Nothing has changed from prior to lockdown - head over to our online booking page and sign-in and book into the sessions. Please ensure you attend the sessions you have booked and cancel if you can't make it to allow other members the chance to attend.
How do i attend the Outdoor Pool? Is it drop-in or do i have to book?
You will need to book a slot in advance and pay online. The Outdoor Pool will not be accepting any cash on the day, although the card payment machines will be available. Head over to our online bookings page and look for the SWIM SESSIONS under Sessions. Check out the Outdoor Pool timetable first so you know what session you are looking for - remember that the maximum numbers are limited this year so please ensure if you book that you attend or cancel in advance or we may levy a fine.
Will Fitness Classes restart on-site?
Not quite yet! The guidelines suggest on-site fitness classes can restart from 17 May (subject to the latest guidelines), so please continue to attend the online fitness classes.
Will my Student Sports Club restart?
Please contact your Student Sports Club for the latest infotmation. Following the latest guidelines some clubs and activities can restart but others are not yet able to.
University of Exeter Students have the option of the Sports Pass (small joing fee and then discounted member rates when you use the facilities), or the 1 month Summer Memberhsip at £22 per month - this has now long-term contract so you just pay 1 month at a time when you want to use the facilities (you will get gyms, classes and swimming).
Please see full information in your members enewsletter. Monthly DD payments will restart from 12 May 2021 (unless you are on the extended freeze)
When do my monthly Payroll membership payments restart?
Please see full information in your members enewsletter. Monthly payroll payments will restart from end May 2021 (unless you are on the extended freeze)
I have paid in full, what about the missing months?
Please see your member enewsletter for the full information.
- Students will recieve a refund for the closure months (3 1/2 months) through the Finance Office using the bank details in your student portal (the same as the November process). Please ensure the bank details in your student portal are up-to-date, the reception team will NOT be abe to refund at the till unless otherwise agreed.
- Staff and Public members will see the missing months added on to the end of your membership
My Membership is currently frozen (staff and public), what happens to me?
Your membership will remain frozen (if you are on the extended freeze) until you ask us to restart the membership and payments. Pleae check your enewsletter for the full information. You can restart as soon as you like - just let us know, but we have extended the FREEZE until 31/07/21 at this stage.
As a student i was paying in 3 installments, what happens to my 2nd and 3rd installments?
We won't be askng for the 2nd or 3rd installments, and we will now be refunding you for the November and January closure. Your membership has now expired so you will need to purchase the Summer Membership if you wish to use the gym.
As a student i took the free term option for Term 1 (roll-over from T3 last year), my membership has expired what options are there for me?
We have the Summer Membership available for Students, just pay monthly for the months you want to use the facilities: gyms, classes and swimming (including Outdoor Pool) is included at just £22 per month.
We send regular all members e-newsletters via our communication portal, so it is essential we have the correct email for you. If you are not receiving them please let our Sports Admin Team know and we'll get this sorted for you.
- All students who have paid for the full year in advance will already be reimbursed for Novemebr via a refund through the University Finance Office. You must have your UK Bank Account details in your student portal for this to be processed. If you have not recieved this yet please let us know.
- We will be processing a refund for the 3 1/2 months of this closure thorugh the Finance Office
- If you have a termly or annual bolt-on bolt-on we will also acount for this in any refund
- If you have the roll-over from Term 3 2019 / 2020 (and you paid the offer price for the full year) you will also be incuded in the credit for the closure period.
- If you paid in full for 12 months we will add missing months on to the end of your membership
- If you pay monthly by Salary the November payment was frozen and it restarted at the end of December. This will now be frozen until end of May
- If you pay monthly by DD; payments were frozen from Friday 8 January and they will be restarted from 12 May.
- If you have a bolt-on paid by DD or Salary these will also freeze
- If you paid for a monthly bolt-on through the till we will add any missing period on to the end when we reopen
- If you paid in full for 12 months we will add any missing months on to the end of your membership
- If you pay monthly by DD; payments were frozen from Friday 8 January will restart from the 12 May.
- If you have a bolt-on paid by DD these will also freeze
- If you paid for a monthly bolt-on through the till we will add any missing perid on to the end when we reopen
Players on the Spring Term 2020 Coaching Programme
Thank you for being part of the Tennis Coaching Programme and your continued patience whilst we plan for reopening. If you have any questions about the Coaching Programmes or your payments please contact the Sports Admin Team. For those who didn't quite finish the Spring 2020 Programme we will look to get you involved very soon.
The Tennis Courts (Indoor and Outdoor) are currently closed for casual bookings.
28 April 2021: We will restart our Swim School as soon as it is safe to do so and as soon as we are practically able to - we will be in touch just as soon as possible.
Please do not cancel you DD with Harlands or at your bank as you may incur a fine from Harlands and it will cause difficulties when we restart. Your DD is frozen and will restart to coincide with the date it was frozen so no-one will miss out (even if a payment is made in January), we will restart lessons before we restart payments.
We are reopening our facilities on a phased plan to ensure the safety of our University Community, whilst we are able to open the Sports Park (partly) we are not yet able to reopen St Luke's Sports Centre safely. Swimming Lessons will not restart until we can open St Luke's Sports Centre.
We appreciate this is not quite the sporting year you (and we) had in mind! We are now approaching Easter and it is great to get some sports and activities restarted from the 29th March and we thank you all for adhering to safe training plans.
If you are a student interested in partcipating in our Easter/Spring Break sport participation activity, please click here to book onto both online and In-Person activity. We are also running our Press Pause and Walk and Talk Campaign, both these campaigns include walking and running routes around campus. If you are on campus, please remember hands, face, space. The COVID-19 secure measures that were established last year are still in place and remain effective. Colleagues in the ‘Here to Help’ team can support you if you have any queries or wish to report concerns.
The situation regarding restrictions for sport and activity is changing all the time, so please make sure you check the latest government guidelines regularly.
Currently, in preperation for April12th. We are busy preparing and are very much looking forward to welcoming you back into our facilities and programmes as soon as feasibly possible but the safety and well-being of our students and staff has to be at the forefront of our minds and we are carefully planning our approach to reopening.
- Planning a safe approach to reopening facilities in line with Government recommendations and social distancing guidelines, working with the industry body UK Active to ensure we consider all areas and deliver best practise.
- Reviewing our student sports club and performance squad timetable and numbers, considering social distancing and the cleaning of the equipment and spaces between sessions.
- Working closely with BUCS and NGB’s to understand what a return to play will mean in each sport.
We understand you may still have questions, so please do send these over to us so we can respond fully; email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Through this challenging period it has been great to see all the innovative ways our clubs, teams, members and student athletes have remained physically distanced yet stayed socially connected. Check out what some of them have been up to in our latest news story!
We know you are all eager to get back, as are we and we thank you for your continued understanding and patience. We look forward to seeing you again in the very near future. Stay safe, stay healthy and look after yourselves and each other.
Update can be found here for full details.