Roadmap to Reopening
With restrictions having been relaxed greatly by the government on July 19th, all current systems and restrictions will remain in place but we will work towards relaxing these as soon as possible. Our booking systems will be adjusted to take into account additional places that can immediately be made available in sessions and we will confirm further changes in due course. Included in this will be; revisions to numbers in sessions, opening of changing rooms, removal of one way systems, relocation of gym equipment and fitness studios, restart of junior programmes.
From Monday 23rd August:
- The Streatham Sports Park will be reopening further facilities and bookings for members. This will initially include squash courts, covered tennis courts and cricket nets in our Indoor Cricket Centre.
- All outdoor pitches at the Sports Park will open for casual bookings.
- The Russell Seal Fitness Centre chaning rooms will reopen for members to use and relocation of all gym equipment in the indoor tennis centre is being moved bcak into our main gym.
We will reopening further facilities, such as the indoor tennis centre and sports hall once refurbishments have been completed.
From Monday 6th September:
- We are excited to be reopening St. Luke's Sport's Centre, initially open from 12pm to 8:30pm Monday to Friday and 8:30am to 2:30pm on Saturday and Sundays. Members will be able to access the gym, fitness classes, casual facility bookings and the indoor pool. We are still requesting that customers wear a face covering when entering, exiting and moving around any indoor facilities and we would be grateful if you could follow this guidance. Hand sanitiser will be available throughout all buildings and facilities. Cleaning products will also be available for wiping down of any equipment .before and after use. We will update you shortly on booking procedures for the gym facilities but in the meantime please continue to book for your Russell Seal Fitness Centre session.
- Cornwall House will be moving to a reduced timetable until its winter closure to help support operational delivery across all of our facilities, open daily for sessions between 12:00-12:45 and 13:00-13:45.
- Our Swim School will be restarting and all Swim School members should recieve a direct email about this. If you have not, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
From Monday 13th September:
- We will be offering greater flexibilty for members accessing our gym facilities with gym sessions moving to a hybrid approach of bookable and non-bookable sessions. To support this, the capacity of both the Russell Seal Fitness Centre and St Luke's Sport Centre gym will be increased. You can find details of these sessions and times below.
We are working through the latest Government update and with UK Active and National Governing Bodies of Sport to ensure we continue to follow best practice and consdering the safety of the entire University of Exeter community. We will communicate what other facilities will reopen as soon as possible.
Welcome back! We are following a phased plan across our sporting estate to ensure the safety of our customers and staff.How long will the Outdoor Pool be open for?
Cornwall House, our outdoor pool on the Streatham Campus opened on 3 April and we are planning to open until mid / end September. The opening is weather and demand dependant. This will be running on a reduced timetable offering lunchtime swims each day.
When can I use the gym?
The Russell Seal Fitness Centre in our Streatham Sports Park is open 7 days a week, with St. Luke's Sport Centre reopening on Monday 6th September. Please see our published opening times and book your slots online.
Please select the Membership section above to find the relevant questions and don't forget to keep an eye on your emails.
What has happened to my swimming DD payment?
All Swim School DD's will restart on Monday 4th October.
How can I carry on with some home activity provided by you at home?
We have classes and WOD's daily online which can be found at https://fixr.co/organiser/241194645 (Use Google Chrome for a quicker checkout)
We will continue to share health and fitness content on our University of Exeter Sport facebook page and health and fitness group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/503479397209559 please follow this to keep in touch.
How can I contact you?
Please email us:
for membership and Swim School payment enquiries: email@example.com
for general enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
for Student Sport enquiries: email@example.com
How do I book a gym session?
All bookings go through our online booking system - please sign in and book through here, or call our reception desk. Please ensure you attend the sessions you have booked and cancel if you can't make it to allow other members the chance to attend.
How do I attend the Outdoor Pool? Is it drop-in or do I have to book?
You will need to book a slot in advance and pay online. The outdoor pool at Cornwall House will not be accepting any cash on the day, although the card payment machines will be available. Head over to our online bookings page and look for the SWIM SESSIONS under sessions. Check out the Outdoor Pool timetable first so you know what session you are looking for - remember that the maximum numbers are limited this year so please ensure if you book that you attend or cancel in advance or we may levy a fine.
Our new memberships for the 2021-22 academic year come into place on 1st September 2021. You can find all memberships and their prices here.
Your membership will remain frozen (if you are on the extended freeze) until you ask us to restart the membership and payments. Please check your enewsletter for the full information. You can restart as soon as you like - just let us know, but we have extended the freeze until 31st August 2021.
We send regular all members e-newsletters via our communication portal, so it is essential we have the correct email for you. If you are not receiving them please let our Sports Admin Team know and we'll get this sorted for you.
Thank you for being part of the Tennis Coaching Programme and your continued patience whilst we plan for reopening. If you have any questions about the Coaching Programmes or your payments please contact the Sports Admin Team. For those who didn't quite finish the Spring 2020 Programme we will look to get you involved very soon.
All covered courts are open for bookings from Monday 23rd August 2021. The Indoor Tennis Centre courts will be available from mid-September once refurbishments are completed.
We are pleased to say that we will be restarting the Swim School from Monday 6th September, in line with St. Luke's Sports Centre reopening. Please find key details below:
- Your session will be those that you were booked on in September 2020, unless we have contacted you directly stating otherwise. If oyu are unsure, you can find out your booking on our portal
- All direct debit payments will restart from Monday 4th October
- changing rooms will be available for use, but there are restrictions in numbers so we do ask that, where possible, you come ready to swim and politely request that you only use the changing rooms after swim lessons
- Please follow all signage regarding flow through the building and the availability of changing rooms, viewing areas and waiting space.
- We are welcoming back all parents to watch from poolside but recommend that you wear a face covering when sitting or standing on poolside unless exempt.
- We are recommending wearing a face covering when entering, exiting and manoeuvring around the building unless exempt.
- Hand sanitiser will still be available for use around the facility.
If you have any questions about your lessons please contact the Swim School Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or if you have any questions about your payments please contact the Sports Admin Team at email@example.com.
Thank you for your loyalty and patience, we all very much look forward to welcoming back.
The situation regarding restrictions for sport and activity is changing all the time, so please make sure you check the latest government guidelines regularly.
We are busy preparing and are very much looking forward to welcoming you back into our facilities and we have so much exciting stuff happening over the next couple of months.
Our Fresher’s week event guide is now live , we have hundreds of sporting activities happening from meet and greets to taster sessions, to allow you to find the sport for you. We also have 2 Fresher Fair events at Streatham and St. Luke’s so please book your spaces to avoid disappointment.
Our new Gym membership is now also live and membership details can be found here
The safety and well-being of our students and staff has to be at the forefront of our minds and we are carefully planning our approach to Student sport activity for your return.
Planning a safe approach in line with Government recommendations, working with the industry body UK Active to ensure we consider all areas and deliver best practise.
Reviewing our student sports club and performance squad timetable and numbers, considering social distancing and the cleaning of the equipment and spaces between sessions
Working closely with BUCS and NGB’s to understand what ‘return to play’ will mean in each sport, in this new environment.
Throughout this last year, it has been great to see all the innovative ways our clubs, teams, members and student athletes have remained physically distanced yet stayed socially connected. We are very much looking forward to seeing what you will do for this forthcoming year!
We know you are all eager to get back, as are we and we thank you for your continued understanding and patience. We look forward to seeing you again, Stay safe, stay healthy and look after yourselves and each other.
Please see here for a BUCS UPDATE
St. Luke's Gym will be reopening for members to use from Monday 6th September between the hours of 12pm to 8:30pm Monday to Friday and 8:45am to 2:30pm on Saturday and Sundays.
Taking effect from Monday 13th September, our gym facilities will be moving to a hybrid approach of bookable and non-bookable sessions. This means, for some sessions you can guarantee yourself a space whilst at others, you can just rock up, check in at the desk and head straight in! To support this, we will be increasing the capacities of both our Russell Seal Fitness Centre and the St. Luke’s Sport’s Centre gym, whilst also removing the one-way systems in the gyms.
We will also be relaxing social distancing rules, however, we ask all members to continue to be mindful of social distancing and be respectful to those around you. All cleaning stations and hand sanitizers will continue to be used, with staff cleaning all equipment between sessions. Please find each timetable below:
From Monday 23rd August, the Streatham Sports Park will be reopening further facilities and bookings for members. This will initially include squash courts, covered tennis courts and cricket nets in our Indoor Cricket Centre, with all outdoor pitches at the Sports Park being open for casual bookings. We will reopening further facilities, such as the indoor tennis centre and sports hall once refurbishments have been completed.
St. Luke's Sport's Centre will reopen from Monday 6th September between 12pm to 8:30pm Monday to Friday and 8:45am to 2:30pm on Saturday and Sundays. Members will be able to access the fitness classes, casual facility bookings and the indoor pool.