Performance tennis players will be given access to the following sports specific programme in addition to the Performance Programme services:
- Up to 3 x S&C sessions per week including recovery with UKSCA acredited S&C coaches in the Athlete Development Center (ADC)
- On court conditioning sessions
- 4 x men's and 4 x women's teams competing in weekly BUCS matches
- Men's 1st team play in South A league
- Women's 1st team play in National League
- Opportunities for Performance athletes to compete in BUCS individuals, University Tennis Tour, British Tour and ITF events
Jack Large - Performance Coach (Tennis)
Jack started his tennis playing career in Germany. After establishing himself on the German circuit he was soon competing at an international level at tennis Europe events and junior ITF tournaments. A former student and Sports Scholar at the University of Exeter, Jack captained the University of Exeter Men's first team for 3 years, who gained promotion in his first year and competed in the top division in BUCS for his last two years. Whilst at University Jack was activiely involved in coaching at Exeter Tennis Centre, working with all ages including some of the top performance players at the centre who are competing both nationally and internationally. Having witnessed the tennis programme at Exeter grow and improve over the last few years, in his new role Jack hopes to help continue this growth, further developing the University tennis programme and players to allow them to compete with the best in the country.
Guy Leverton - Senior Performance Coach
Guy has been coaching for over 30 years. He has has worked across all aspects of the industry from Club Coach to lead coach in an LTA High Performance Centre. He currently delivers for our LTA Coach Education Centre and on our Junior and University Performance Programmes. Guy is an LTA Coach Education Tutor and Assessor.