Approximately 12 players are selected annually for our performance squad. These athletes will be given access to the following programme along with all the Performance Programme services:
- Weekly BUCS matches with the 1st team playing in BUCS Premier South.
- Opportunity to play in BUCS Student Tour events.
- Specialist coaching and technical development delivered at the Sports Park and the Vic Ambler Golf Centre (short game practice area).
- Regular short game and scoring zone skill challenge sessions – weekly
- Individual periodised fitness, conditioning & weight training programme – x 2 per week
- Access to PGA Level 1 & 2 Golf Coaching awards and coaching on junior academies
- Extensive sport science and psychology support
- Performance and Biomechanical analysis
- Full winter training programme and warm weather training based at EGU training venues including Trevose Golf & Country Club
- Individual monitoring, performance review and mentoring meetings
- Opportunity to apply for R&A bursary.
“This year I managed to achieve my goal of winning a BUCS tour event. I also followed this, with win in the English and Welsh BUCS championship later in the year. The Sports Scholarship Scheme has allowed me to improve my game, both technically and with coaching, but also physically with the high performance strength and conditioning sessions. I feel that the scheme this far, has allowed me to grow as a golfer and play a broader golfing schedule in which I would not be able to do, without the financial support of the University”
Ladies European Tour event
BSc Exercise and Sport Sciences (2016-present)
“The financial help is huge in helping me cover the costs of travel/equipment whilst the scholarship mentoring is helping me to perform better on and off the course and to achieve my goal of becoming a World Ranked Player”
BA Business and Management (2015-2018)