The University of Exeter’s High Performance Programme (HPP) has a reputation for encouraging and developing some of the best young sports men and women in the country. The HPP encompases the development of our sporting infrastructure and the management of our Performance Sports and Sports Scholarship Scheme.
Over 300 student athletes benefit from the programme every year, including up to 50 Sports Scholars and a number of individually supported Performance Bursars. The HPP offers a comprehensive package of support services including state-of-the-art training facilities, expert coaching, strength and conditioning, physiotherapy, sports psychology, performance analysis and a range of workshops.
Entry onto the programme is dependant upon sporting ability and potential when starting University. Eligible athletes are often invited to attend pre-season training although squads will be confirmed following club trials in late September.
Performance Programme services
- Specialised sports specific coaching from highly qualified performance coaches, with national and international coaching experience.
- Access to the Performance Analysis Suite including specilist equipment and software for team and individual feedback.
- Soirts specific strength and conditioning programme including a programme outside of term-time, pre-season and squasd specific training sessions with dedicated Strength and Conditioning coaches
- Athlete monitoring and fitness testing throughout the season
- Access to the Athlete Development Centre (ADC)
- Ocean Physio and Rehab clinic based at the Sports Park
- Access to twice weekly physio triage sessions
Access to a range of workshops including:
- Mental skills training
- Time management
- Goal setting
Individual lifestyle monitoring by HPP staff on a needs basis
Support from the HPP with academic flexibility