Scholarships and performance sport
The University of Exeter’s Performance Programme has a reputation for encouraging and developing some of the best young sports men and women in the country. The Performance Programme includes the development of our sporting infrastructure and the management of our Performance Sports and Sports Scholarship Scheme.
Over 300 student athletes benefit from the programme every year, including up to 50 Sports Scholars and a number of individually supported Performance Bursars. The Performance Programme offers a comprehensive package of support services including state-of-the-art training facilities, expert coaching, Strength and Conditioning, physiotherapy, Sports Psychology, Performance Analysis and a range of performance athlete workshops.
Entry onto the programme is dependant upon sporting ability and potential when starting University. Eligible athletes are often invited to attend pre-season training although squads will be confirmed following club trials in late September.
**If you are interested in competing within one of our Performance Sports, please complete the attached form **
Performance Programme services
- Exceptional facilities and sports specific coaching from highly qualified performance coaches, with national and international coaching experience.
- Year round programme including technical and tactical sessions.
- Access to the Performance Analysis Suite including specialist equipment and software for team and individual feedback.
- Links with National Governing Bodies (NGBs) and professional clubs.
- Sports specific S&C programme including outside of term-time, pre-season and squads specific training sessions with dedicated UKCSA accredited S&C coaches.
- Up to 4 x S&C sessions/week including recovery and sports specific on pitch/court conditioning.
- Athlete monitoring and fitness testing throughout the season.
- Access to the Athlete Development Centre (ADC) for squad sessions.
- Ocean Physio and Rehab clinic based at the Sports Park
- Access to 3 x free weekly physio triage sessions
- 50% reduction in cost of physiotherapy appointments (up to 3 appointments per injury)
- Pitch side cover where relevant
- Access to CogSport concussion software as appropriate
- Access to a range of Performance athlete workshops including nutrition, employability, mental skills training, time management, goal setting, strapping
- Support from Performance team with academic flexibility
- 1 to 1 mentoring by Performannce staff on a needs basis