University of Exeter Women's Cricket Club
The University of Exeter Ladies Cricket Club (EULCC) is a growing club with talent varying from beginners to those who are featuring in the England academy. In recent years, we have risen to second in the British Universities and Colleges Sport (BUCS) rankings taking Gold in BUCS indoor for the last 2 years and Silver in the BUCS outdoor competition for the last 4 years. We are a very welcoming club socially and encourage anyone to come along and get involved.
Club training times
|Monday||Training||Sports Park (Cricket Centre)||09:00-11:00|
|Thursday||Training||Sports Park (Cricket Centre)||18:00-20:00|
Notable club achievements
University of Exeter Cricket Club ranked 2nd in BUCS rankings 2014-2015.
- BUCS Indoor Super 8s Champions 2015/16
- BUCS Outdoor Silver 2012/13, 2013/14, 2014/15, 2015/16
- BUCS Indoor Gold 2014/2015
- Reached the finals of the indoor tournament at Lord’s in 2013
Hall of Fame
England women’s academy cricketers:
- Aylish Cranstone (current)
- Freya Davis (current)
- Amara Carr (previously)
- Fritha Morris (previously)
Women's cricket superleague:
- Freya Davies and Amara Carr (Western Storm)
- Aylish Cranstone (Surrey Stars)
- Alice MacLeod and Fritha Morris (Southern Vipers)
Approximately 14-17 women are selected annually for our High Performance Squad which has access to the following:
- Three training sessions per week
- BUCS Premier League matches
- Specialist coaching (individual and group)
- One Strength and Conditioning session per week plus ‘drop in’ sessions (three per week)
- Individual video analysis
- Mentoring for our aspiring student-coaches
Access to a range of support services provided by the High Performance unit including:
- S&C-access to the Athlete Development Centre (ADC) for squad specific sessions and open session access, specific term time and holiday programmes, fitness testing and monitoring.
- Sports Science support- nutrition, psychology, performance analysis, athlete lifestyle support and an annual fitness testing package.
- Physiotherapy-subsidised physiotherapy and sports massage, access to weekly physiotherapy triage sessions both provided by Ocean Physio and rehab.
- Workshops-including employability, nutrition, psychology, student athlete lifestyle management.
Scholarships may be awarded to cricketers who meet the following criteria:
Women: England academy or previous EPP county members.
We are committed to supporting individuals who have progressed through England Cricket Board development programmes (First Class County Academy and EPP).