University of Exeter Women's Rugby Club
The University of Exeter Women's Rugby Club (EUWRFC) is a club that prides itself on a friendly and inviting atmosphere whilst giving each member the opportunity to reach their full potential. We now field two teams in BUCS so cater for all abilities from newcomers to full internationals. Our 1st team plays in the BUCS Premier South division and the University of Exeter Rugby Union Club was ranked 1st in BUCS rankings 2015-2016. As one of the Universities focus sports we offer HPP squad members two fitness and training sessions a week plus Wednesday BUCS games. We can also provide developing members friendly fixtures at weekends throughout the season, to give you the chance to improve your skills and feel part of the team. In previous years we have had a range of abilities from complete beginners to International players so there is a place for everyone in EUWRFC.
Club training times
|Tuesday||Training||Sports Park (Rubber Crumb)||17:00-19:00|
|Thursday||Training||Sports Park (Rubber Crumb)||
Notable club achievements
- Finished 2nd in Premier South and reached the semi-final stages of the Championship in 2015-2016
- BUCS Rugby 7's bronze medallists 2015
- University of Exeter Rugby Union ranked 1st in BUCS rankings 2015-2016
- BUCS 7's winners 2014
- BUCS Championship winners 2012
Hall of Fame
- Poppy Leitch- England U20's and England seniors
- Cat McNaney- England U20's and England 7s development squad
- Clara Neilson - England U20's
- Rebecca De Fillipo - Welsh International and GB University 7's
- Amber Reed WC winner 2014
- Zoe Saynor - Full international cap
- Jess Ho - Selected for the HK 7's squad
- Lucy Demaine - England U 20's and GB University 7's
Approximately 24 players are selected annually for our High Performance Programme which includes:
- Two rugby specific sessions per week
- Two strength and conditioning sessions
- Regular unit specific sessions
- Team meetings and video analysis
- Individual and team analysis and review
- Mentoring for our aspiring student-coaches
Access to a range of support services provided by the High Performance unit including:
- S&C-access to the Athlete Development Centre (ADC) for squad specific sessions and open session access, specific term time and holiday programmes, fitness testing and monitoring.
- Sports Science support- nutrition, psychology, performance analysis, athlete lifestyle support and an annual fitness testing package.
- Physiotherapy-subsidised physiotherapy and sports massage, access to weekly physiotherapy triage sessions both provided by Ocean Physio and rehab.
- Workshops-including employability, nutrition, psychology, student athlete lifestyle management.
Scholarships are available for perspective students of England U20’s standard or above. We are committed to supporting individuals who are part of the current England pathway and those with aspirations to play premiership club rugby.
We operate a full pre-season training programme from 1 September which typically includes two rugby specific sessions per week and two strength and conditioning sessions. Returning performance players as well as any other students wishing to try rugby are welcome, as well as incoming first year students. If you are short-listed for a Sport Scholarship, you will be expected to attend our pre-season training.
Our objective is to achieve a top two finish in the South Premier Division and achieve and maintain a top four national status, with the ambition to play again at Twickenham in the BUCs final. We aim to support the development of individuals to reach their potential so that they leave the University as all round better athletes with a greater tactical and technical awareness.