Children's holiday activities
Whether you're looking to dive in, hit a six or serve an ace the University of Exeter Sport has something for you.
We run a range of activities throughout the year offering children of all ages and abilities the opportunity to learn and develop fundamental sporting skills, whilst having plenty of fun and making new friends.
Our fully qualified coaches and instructors will help your child get the most from whatever activities they are participating in. Sport can build confidence, improve balance, help coordination, educate on living a healthy lifestyle and help children become sporting superstars!
Our holiday sessions provide a fun environment for young players of all abilities to improve on-court under the expert guidance of our certified coaching team. We can provide all of the equipment you need, but if you want to bring your own please ensure it is clearly labelled with your name. Please ensure your child wears suitable sports clothing and brings plenty of drinks and snacks to last the whole session. Download and save our Tennis Childrens Holiday Activities.
Mini and Juniors sessions (4-12 Years)
|Price||Location||Discounted rate**||4-day week discount||4-day week discount**|
|Mini half day sessions||4- 10||
|Until 13:00||£14.50||Indoor courts||£12.50||£52.20||£45|
|Mini/Junior full day sessions||7 -12||
|09:00-16:00||Until 16:30||£24||Indoor courts||£20||£86.40||£72|
**: Discounted rates apply to current customers, affiliated schools and University of Exeter staff/students.
- Week 1: Monday 29 July - Thursday 1 August
- Week 2: Monday 5 - Thursday 8 August
- Week 3: Monday 12 - Thurday 15 August
- Week 4: Monday 19 - Thurday 22 August
Juniors & Teens (11-16 years)
Please note that Juniors & Teens sessions runs on Tuesdays and Thursdays afternoon only.
|Drop off||Pick-up||Price||Discounted rate|
- Week 1: Tuesday 30 July and Thursday 1 August
- Week 2: Tuesday 6 and Thursday 8 August
- Week 3: Tuesday 13 and Thursday 15 August
- Week 4: Tuesday 20 and Thursday 22 August
How to book
Visit the Sports Park reception or call 01392 724452 or you can book online. When booking online, select Courses > Site:Sports Park > Activity:Tennis Holiday Coaching 2018 - 2019 and then choose the month you'd like to book.
Discounted prices available to current customers, affiliated schools and University of Exeter staff. Discounted prices not available when booking online. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our intensive swimming courses allow children to come to St Luke's indoor pool for a 30 minute session on consecutive days. This daily contact with a qualified swimming teacher allows the children to vastly improve their swimming and progress over a short period of time.
Designed for swimmers at Duckling level (entry level, age three years +) to stage 7, these sessions are ideal for current swimmers on our programme who are looking to improve, or for new swimmers who want to progress quickly. For further information on our swimming stages please view our swimming lessons page.
Monday 29 July - Friday 2 August - 5 day course
Monday 5 August - Friday 9 August - 5 day course
Monday 12 August - Friday 16 August - 5 day course
Monday 19 August - Friday 23 August - 5 day course
Tuesday 27 August - Friday 30 August - 4 day course
*subject to change
We are also offering one to one coaching sessions - if you are interested please contact email@example.com
Participants are welcome to book multiple weeks, and children enrolled at the Swim School can use the pool for free during our public swim times.
To book onto a course please contact us on 01392 724940.
Summer Holidays 2019
Looking for something for the kids to do during the holidays? Kings Camps are back and will be using the facilities at St Luke's Sports Centre during the Summer holidays to run their highly popular multi-sports camps. They are the UK’s Leading Activity Camps with over 25 years’ worth of experience throughout the UK organising school holiday activity camps and this year it promises to be even more fun and enjoyable for the children, and staff! Their programmes include over 30 amazing sports and activities to get children aged 5-17 active, having fun and learning together.
Kings Camps Flyer
- Monday 29 July - Friday 2 August
- Monday 5 August - Friday 9 August
- Monday 12 August - Friday 16 August
- Monday 19 August - Friday 23 August
The camp is for children ages 5-17 and can be booked via the Kings Camp website or calling them on 0114 2632160. Prices start from £43.50 per full day (08:15-17:45).
What you will need
- Appropriate and clean sports clothing and footwear and a towel if applicable.
- We advise that all children bring a jumper, coat and sunscreen to the sessions, especially those taking place outdoors.
- Plenty of snacks and a refillable drinks bottle for the duration of the session
- Children staying for a full day, or taking part in a camp over lunchtime, should bring a packed lunch with them - lunchtimes will be supervised.
- Unless otherwise stated, equipment will be provided, however children may bring their own racquets, bats or clubs if they wish.
- Children taking part in our Junior Cricket camps must bring their own bat and protective equipment (including helmet) with them.
- There are vending machines at the Sports Park and St Luke's Sports Centre if required.
- University of Exeter Sport is cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage to property brought to these activities.
- In the event of severe weather outdoor sessions may be moved, rescheduled or cancelled. We will endeavour to inform all customers in these events. Please ensure you leave correct contact details when booking. See individual sport information for specific details.
Hit a six at one of our Easter holiday cricket sessions, specially designed to provide expert coaching to young players looking to get into cricket or improve their game. Sessions take place at the exceptional indoor Sir Christopher Ondaatje Devon Cricket Centre, whilst also making use of the Sports Park's outdoor spaces in fair weather.
Mini Softball - 09:00-12:30 (5 – 9 year olds)
A programme for boys and girls looking to get in to the game, or looking to develop their early experiences within the game. Game based learning, with a large emphasis on fun and being active and developing your child’s movement skills alongside their cricket skills.
Junior Hardball - 13:30-16:30 (9 – 12 year olds)
Sessions for those young cricketers who are competent in the use of a hard ball and have experience of using a hard ball already. Players must bring their own kit for use with the hardball.
Tuesday 30 July
Thursday 1 August
Tuesday 6 August
Thursday 8 August
Tuesday 20 August
Thursday 22 August
Tuesday 27 August
Thursday 29 August
Senior Hardball (12 - 15 year olds)
Full Day (9.30 – 16.30)
For those more experienced cricketers, proficient with a hard ball. Sessions based around developing cricketing skills – and applying them to Cricket games / situations.
Please note: These sessions are for players with cricketing experience and can incorporate the use of bowling machines and the hard-ball. Participants should bring their own protective equipment such as pads and helmets.
Wednesday 31 July
Wednesday 7 August
Wednesday 21 August
Wedbesdat 28 August
*Players can sign up for multiple sessions. Limited spaces available.
Visit the Sports Park reception or call 01392 724452 or you can book online.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Read more at https://content.exeter.ac.uk/terminalfour/SiteManager?ctfn=publish&fnno=30&sid=194835&chid=4&lang=en&scid=2442&sp=false#SmeBbuC2ykf6BGHv.99
Come along to our exciting new sports camp for ages 11-16 years, Exeter All Star Hockey Camps!
Two full days of skills, drills and games at the Number 1 ranked Hockey University in the UK.
These camps will be split in two groups - 11-13yrs (years 7 and 8) and 14-16yrs (years 9 -11) - this is a great opportunity to learn new skills so all abilities welcome!
- Monday 29 July2019
- Tuesday 30 July 2019
- 9am-10:30am (skills)
- 11am-12:30pm (SSG - small sided games)
- Lunch plus Q&A with a Current international Player
- 1:30pm-3pm (7 / 9 / 11 a side games numbers depending)
£30 - for 1 day or £50 - 2 days
*discount available for sibling bookings and current gym members!
To Book call the Sports Park on 01392 72 4452