The Sir Christopher Ondaatje Devon Cricket Centre.
The Devon Cricket Board is involved with the Youth Cricket Foundation.
Do you have what it takes to become a cricket coach?
Devon Cricket Board
The Devon Cricket Board (DCB) is responsible for all recreational cricket in Devon and has its offices at the Sir Christopher Ondaatje Devon Cricket Centre.
The DCB use the cricket centre for 600 hours a year for things such as:
- Elite performers programme.
- One-to-one cricket coaching for all ages and abilities.
- Devon County Cricket Club training sessions.
- Devon Coaches Association training.
- Level one, two and three coaching qualifications.
- Talent ID.
- Devon Club Indoor Cricket League.
- Devon Club Indoor Cricket Finals.
- Chris Read Coaching Academy.
In addition to the activities held at the University of Exeter the Devon Cricket Board is involved in many other initiatives and activities such as:
Youth Cricket Foundation – Supporting Cricket in Devon
This charitable foundation generates income to support the growth and development of young cricketers in Devon.
Please contact the DCB if you are interested in volunteering opportunities or would like to help in any other way.
- Email email@example.com with your contact details (e-mail, telephone number, address, club) or send them the details of someone else who loves Devon Youth Cricket and we will send them a copy of the newsletter,
For more information on Youth Cricket visit the DCB website.
Devon Indoor League
Devon has a number of indoor leagues around the county: Ashmoor, Derriford, Sidmouth and Exeter (previously Tiverton). Winners of these leagues go through to regional playoffs and finals which are held in Taunton and then the national finals which are held at Lords Cricket Ground.
Could you be a cricket coach?
The DCB offer various cricket related courses including UKCC coaching qualifications and workshops including Equity in your Coaching, Child Welfare, Umpires and Scorers, and First Aid.
For more information on any of these courses visit the DCB courses website.